Saturday, February 11, 2006

Making cakes...eating cakes

I dont know whats wrong with the women in the house here in Nagar. Everybody's making cakes and i got to finish them off. Two of my cousins got married to women named Smitha. There is already a third Smitha at our neighbours place. It's like Smith in Matrix. Anywhere you look around and all that you see is another Smitha. And every once in a while they go into an experimental cooking frenzy. What with me as the poor Neo representing people of this world. To save the world i've got to eat undercooked banana cakes. Over cooked papaya cakes. Microwaved cakes that's full of crust and more like a cookie. Cakes with so much orange essence that it's nauseating. And they are making them everyday. It's in my character. I don't allow food to go waste. One might think that's why i am overweight. Nope. There are certain cakes that i do avoid. Ones that have been grilled and so tough that the dates put in the cake seem like some kinda tough chewing gum and the cake itself is fit for throwing on someone to break their neck. More of a brick with burnt cashew-nuts than a cake.The other day we were in the bookshop and one Smitha asked me to buy a book on pudding. Hehehe.. like the hangman asking which rope do you want to be hung from? Luckily for me i said i will select a good book on pudding and managed to stay out of sight until we got out of the bookshop. That saves me from an onslaught of pudding. For now. Sometimes i do think my stomach's much smarter than me cause i never had a stomach upset from this kinda gastronomical adventure. However the moral of the story seems. "Where there is Go-oh-pal there is a new recipe, by the way."

No comments: